COMEDY NIGHT INFO – (FIRST FRIDAY OF THE MONTH)
What is this comedy night thing? Will it be funny?
Is the Norwich Plaza building ugly?
Yes. We’ll always bring you the finest and funniest comedians, so you’re sure to be left with a sore face.
Where is it?
The Lounge at The George is a large room at the very back of The George Hotel complex – enter the George at 27 Lydiard Street North, and make your way down the hallway to The Lounge.
What’s the show like?
A regular stand-up comedy room, if you’ve never been to one before, is not like a show you would see at a festival. We have an MC, two or three support acts and a headliner, with a casual atmosphere and loads of laughs. You have a choice of seats, from rows of seats near the front (for the true comedy fans) and smaller tables in the middle, with some bigger booths around the outside of the room.
Can I have dinner in the venue?
Totally! You can book a table if you’re quick, or there are lap-friendly options such as pizza or bowls of chips), and food is served throughout the show. The bar is also open all night, of course!
You can also start earlier and have dinner in The Lane restaurant, from 6pm, and party on, with live music in The Cider Bar till late.
Food & Beverages are not included in the ticket price.
Can I book a table?
Yes! Tables can be reserved, but must be paid for in advance, and act quick, as they tend to all get booked very quickly.
Tickets can be bought here. Once you’ve bought your tickets, you can then reserve a table by calling or emailing The George Hotel: 5333 4866 or: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tables are best for those who wish to have dinner, and we appreciate if you can arrive before 7.15pm.
Shut up and take my money!
Okay! – Buy tickets here!
Need more info?
Here’s the link to The George’s website, for all the info about our awesome venue.
We also post on Facebook quite a bit.
Tell me more!
- Tickets are general admission, so it’s first in best dressed. Doors open at 7.00 and the show will kick off at 8pm. Get in early for the best seats. Even if you’ve pre-bought your tickets, we recommend arriving early. (More ticketing info, fine print, etc, can be found on the ticket-purchasing page (click a buy-tickets button for your chosen event)
- We will be asking everyone to turn their phones to silent during the show, and videoing is not permitted.
- Also, please note that the material will be rated 18+. Adult themes, expletives, etc.
- Heckling – don’t even… just don’t.
- Parking? Okay Ballarat… prepare yourselves, because you probably won’t get a park out the front. Aarrgghh! Noooo!! You’ll be alright… a couple of blocks walk is good for you!
What if it’s raining and cold and my couch looks comfy?
Suck it up Cupcake! You’re in Ballarat! Put a coat on and join in the fun. Besides – laughing is good exercise and will warm you up!
We also have pizza.
Okay, I’m in… where do I buy tickets again?
Here! Or you can buy them on the door on the night, but just remember – first in best dressed!
Oh, can I bring my whole work group?
Great idea! Yep, we can talk to you about group bookings and fundraising offers directly. Shoot us an email at email@example.com.